Terms & Conditions
We may, at our sole discretion, modify these Terms of Service at any time. By accessing the Service at any time after such modifications, you are agreeing to such modifications. These Terms of Service were last modified as of February 12th, 2018.
Description of Service
The Welearn Service allows students to find classes that they are interested in taking, and allows teachers to find students interested in taking their classes.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide the Service to any person for any reason and/or to discontinue the Service in whole or in part at any time, with or without prior notice.
Copyright, Licenses and User Submissions
The entire contents of the Service are protected by international copyright and trademark laws and other proprietary rights. The owners of the copyrights and trademarks are Welearn, its affiliates and/or other third party licensors. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY, COPY, REPRODUCE, REPUBLISH, UPLOAD, POST, TRANSMIT, OR DISTRIBUTE, IN ANY MANNER, THE MATERIAL ON THE SERVICE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, CODE AND/OR SOFTWARE. You may print and download portions of material from the different areas of the Service solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials, and not to share any material that you paid for with anyone else who has not also purchased a license for that material.
You may not use any robots, spiders, or similar data mining, data gathering or extraction tools or manual processes to collect, gather or copy any content or data on or related to the Service in a manner not authorized by Welearn in writing. You may not engage in practices of "screen scraping," "database scraping" or any other practice or activity the purpose of which is to obtain lists of users, portions of a database, or other lists or information from the Service, in any manner and any quantities not authorized by Welearn in writing. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) of Welearn or its affiliates without express written consent. You may not use meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing the Welearn name or trademarks without the express written consent of Welearn.
Content submitted by users for inclusion on the Service (including, without limitation, any information submitted on message boards, forums or other public areas of the Service) is sometimes referred to in these Terms of Service as "User Submissions." Whether or not any User Submission is published, it will be subject to these Terms of Service. Welearn does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to a User Submission, regardless of whether or not it is published. You are solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to your User Submissions (and all content included therein), including the right to authorize Welearn to use the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms of Service.
You hereby grant to Welearn a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any User Submissions or any other materials or information (including, without limitation, ideas for new or improved products or services) you communicate to Welearn by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You also grant to Welearn the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Welearn for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to Welearn.
We neither endorse nor assume any liability for the contents of any User Submission. We generally do not pre-screen, monitor, or edit User Submissions. However, we and our agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any User Submission or other content that, in our judgment, does not comply with these Terms of Service and any other rules of user conduct for the Service, or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. We are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing any such User Submission or other content. You hereby consent to such removal and waive any claim against us arising out of such removal of any User Submission, whether it is your own or another user’s. See "Copyrights, Licenses and User Submissions" above for a description of the procedures to be followed in the event that any party believes that a User Submission infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party.
Welearn will not tolerate violations of intellectual property rights on the Service. If you are a copyright owner and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). To provide Welearn notice of an infringement, you must provide a written communication to the attention of "DMCA Infringement Notification Dept." care of [email protected] that sets forth the information specified by the DMCA (see http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512). You may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is infringing your copyright.
The following terms apply to your use of the Service and any account that you may open or attempt to open via the Service:
1. You must be 13 years or older to use the Service.
2. You must be a human to open an account. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
3. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. We view any actions taken by your account as taken by you. Welearn will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
We reserve the right, at any time, to change any fees or charges for using any services provided on the Service (or to begin charging fees for any free service), provided that such changes will not apply to fees or charges paid or free services used prior to the time of the change.
Rules for All Users
Welearn is a global community of thousands of learners. When you sign up for the Site, you agree to the following rules:
1. You will use the Service only for lawful purposes and agree to not use the Service in any way that will infringe upon the use or rights of any other user.
2. Your use of the Service is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and you are solely responsible for the substance of your communications through the Service.
3. You will not upload any copyrighted, trademarked, or proprietary materials on the Service without the expressed permission of the owner. You will not post any content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any party.
4. You assume full responsibility for the content of the Service offered.
5. You understand that classes posted are publicly available to be viewed and accessed by any student.
6. You agree that you will not engage in any behavior that constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
7. You will not share content from the Service with anyone who is not properly licensed to access the content.
8. You will not upload, share, post, distribute or otherwise partake in any behavior that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates our rules or policies.
9. You will not partake in any behavior that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
10. You will not share software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party.
11. You will not impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives.
12. You will not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server. Not all parts of the Service may be available to you or other authorized users of the Service. You shall not interfere with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Service. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
Specific Rules for Teachers
When you publish a class on the Site, you agree to the following rules:
1. You will honor any enrollments through Welearn.com at the price and time listed in the Service, and not to refuse enrollments or participation by any student for any discriminatory or other illegal reason.
2. You grant us the right to place advertisements on your content at our sole discretion.
3. Any content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material.
4. You represent and warrant to Welearn that you are qualified to teach the classes that you list with the Service and that you will at all times conduct yourself in a professional manner and in compliance with all applicable laws.
5. You understand that, if you teach a class, your students will have the ability to post a review of this class. We cannot control the contents of any such review and will not be held responsible for any information or opinions that a user may include in any such review.
6. You may choose to remove content from your class and will continue to own such content, but we will continue to have the right to use that content and to provide it to students who have paid for or enrolled in your class.
7. You grant us full ownership of any video content that we have filmed for you. It is at our sole discretion to remove, add, or edit that video content.
8. You agree that you will not submit content to Welearn that violates the Welearn Community and Class Guidelines, which may be occasionally updated.
9. Welearn reserves the right to, but is under no obligation, to delete the listing of any class at any time and for any reason.
Specific Rules for Students
When you enroll in a class on the Site, you agree to the following rules:
1. You will accept all of the terms and conditions including the cancellation policy listed in the Service when you agree to enroll in or access a class on Welearn.
2. You will follow all reasonable rules set by a teacher with respect to a class, and you will not take any actions to interfere with the teacher or any other students in the class.
3. You may access class content for your information and personal use only.
4. You will not copy any materials or techniques for purposes of your own or others’ classes, or for interfering with any class or the teacher’s ongoing relationship with any students participating in such class.
5. Welearn reserves the right to delete or suspend your account if you violate any of our rules, or at any time and for any reason.
When a student takes a class on Welearn, we will share the student’s username and profile with the teacher for the purpose of teaching these students on Welearn. By enrolling in a class on Welearn, a student grants to us permission to share that student’s information with the teacher. The teacher is required to respect the privacy of the student. The teacher has a limited license to use this information only for Welearn-related communications or for Welearn-facilitated transactions. The teacher may use that personal information for no other purpose, such as sending unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without express consent from that person, you must not add any Welearn misuse any student’s personal information. Remember that you need to comply with all relevant legal rules when you use Welearn. This include applicable data protection and privacy laws which govern the ways in which you can use another Welearn user’s information.
Teaching or Participating in a Class
These Terms of Service and the Governing Documents are in addition to any agreements, releases or other documents (the "Class Agreements") that a teacher and student may enter into in connection with a class, including any Class Agreements entered into through the Service. Students and teachers are each responsible to the other for complying with the terms of the Class Agreements, but Welearn has no control over either party’s compliance. Among other things, Welearn cannot control (a) the provisions of the Class Agreements, (b) the accuracy or legality of the Class Agreements or (c) any party’s performance of its obligations under the Class Agreements. Accordingly, Welearn shall not be held responsible for any liability arising out of the Class Agreements or any actions that you may take in reliance thereon, and is not a party to any transaction between you and any other user. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY RELEASE Welearn AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "Welearn PARTIES") FROM ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED OR UNDISCLOSED, RELATING TO ANY DISPUTE RELATING TO THE CLASS AGREEMENTS OR ANY TRANSACTION OR ATTEMPTED TRANSACTION WITH ANOTHER USER OF THE SERVICE (WHETHER A STUDENT OR TEACHER). YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND AND INTEND THAT THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE IS BINDING UPON YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AGENTS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS. Your teaching or participation in a class is at your sole risk. Welearn does not supervise classes and is not involved in any way with the actions of any individuals (whether students or teachers) at any class. As a result, we have no control over the identity or actions of the individuals who are present at these classes, and we request that our users exercise caution and good judgment when participating in Classes. You acknowledge and agree that by participating in any class (whether as a student or teacher) you may be exposed to a variety of risks and hazards, which may or may not be foreseen, including (without limitation) personal injury, property damage and death. You are solely responsible for all costs and/or risks associated with your participation in any class. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY RELEASE WELEARN AND EACH OF THE OTHER WELEARN PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED OR UNDISCLOSED, RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY EVENT, WHETHER AS A STUDENT OR TEACHER. YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND AND INTEND THAT THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE IS BINDING UPON YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AGENTS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS. If applicable, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, in relevant part: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
1. Welearn collects all fees and pays out all teachers through third party providers. Each provider is its own company, and Welearn isn’t responsible for its performance.
2. No refunds are offered for Premium Membership fees or any other fees collected by the Service.
3. Fees for Premium Membership or any other portion of the Service may be changed at any time without prior notice.
1. Teachers may earn revenue by publishing classes or offering additional services through Welearn. To qualify for payments each month, Premium Members must have watched a minimum of 30 total minutes across all of your Premium classes that month.
2. Welearn pays teachers on the 16th of the month. Payouts sent on the 16th of each month are for transactions that have occurred in the previous calendar month.
3. Monthly payouts begin the month following the month in which a teacher publishes their first Premium Membership class and receives a minimum of 30 total minutes watched by Premium Membership students.
4. Welearn distributes at least 30% of its monthly recurring revenue from Premium Membership to Welearn Teachers on a monthly basis. The algorithm used to determine your monthly share is based primarily on your share of the total number of minutes watched on the platform. The specifics of the distribution calculation are subject to change from time to time.
5. Teachers have 30 days from the time at which a payment was or should have been made to report any discrepancies. After 30 days, you have waived your right to dispute any payment.
6. Teachers and students agree that Welearn’s sole responsibility is to process payments and pay out teachers in the proportions set forth above. Welearn is not party to any transaction between any student and/or teacher and cannot be held responsible for any issues arising from any such transaction.
7. Teachers are responsible for all income, sales, and other taxes associated with the fees they earn. Welearn teachers will receive the appropriate tax forms, such as a 1099 or 1099k, from either Welearn or one of its payment partners. Welearn reserves the right to withhold any payment until it has received all tax identification information it requires to satisfy its obligations.
8. Welearn reserves the right to withhold or cancel payments to Teachers if it deems, in its sole judgement and absolute discretion, that the Teacher engaged in behavior that violated any part of this Agreement.
Cancellations and Refunds
Welearn is not responsible or liable for any refunds for Premium Membership, workshops, or other purchases on the Service.
Welearn Premium Membership
You may participate in our "Welearn Premium Membership" by subscribing to pay monthly or annual membership fees for unlimited access to "Membership Classes." Membership Classes are online classes that are offered as part of Premium Membership at Welearn’s sole discretion.
The membership fee will be billed on the beginning of the paying portion of your membership and each month (or the payment time period specified at check-out) thereafter unless and until you cancel your membership. We automatically bill your Payment Method each month on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of your paying membership. We reserve the right to change the timing of our billing, in particular, as indicated below, if your Payment Method has not successfully settled. In the event your paying membership began on a day not contained in a given month, we may bill your Payment Method on a day in the applicable month or such other day as we deem appropriate. For example, if you started your Premium Membership or became a paying member on March 31st, your next payment date is likely to be April 30th, and your Payment Method would be billed that date.
Payments are nonrefundable and there are no refund or credits for partially used periods. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have the benefits of your Welearn Membership through the end of your current billing period.
You may cancel your Welearn Premium Membership at any time for any or no reason. To cancel your recurring subscription, please visit your payment settings within your Welearn account profile. If you have canceled your Welearn Membership, you will lose access to all Premium features and Membership Classes you enrolled into during your Welearn Membership at the end of your billing period. If you choose to sign back up as a paying member, your billing date will reset to the day you paid.
From time to time, we or others on our behalf may offer trials of paid subscriptions for our Welearn Premium Membership for a specified period without payment or at a reduced rate (a “Trial”). Welearn reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your eligibility for a Trial, and, subject to applicable laws, to withdraw or to modify a Trial at any time without prior notice and with no liability, to the greatest extent permitted under the law.
For some trials, we will require you to provide your payment details to start the Trial. At the end of such trials, we may automatically start to charge you for the applicable paid subscription on the first day following the end of the trial on a recurring monthly (or the payment time period specified at check-out) basis. By providing your payment details in conjunction with the trial, you agree to this charge using such payment details. If you do not want this charge, you must cancel the applicable paid subscription through your payment settings within your Welearn account profile.
Welearn reserves these rights:
• We can make changes to the Welearn Site and Services without notice or liability.
• We have the right to terminate your membership, account, payment, or other affiliation with the Service at any time and for any reason. We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use Welearn in that jurisdiction.
• We will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected criminal violations.
• We have the right to remove a teacher from the Partner Program at any time, without prior notice, at our sole discretion, should we identify that their account is associated with behavior that we deem to be in violation of our rules or guidelines.
• We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any class, comment, or other posted comment at any time and for any reason.
Welearn is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS INCLUDED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THE WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (A) THE SERVICE AND MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) THE SERVICE AND MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR MATERIALS WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY CLASS THAT YOU ATTEND VIA THE SERVICE, OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE FROM US OR OUR AFFILIATES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR BE FREE FROM MISTAKES, ERRORS OR DEFECTS.
THE SERVICE COULD INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE SERVICE AND ANY OF THE CONTENT OR FEATURES INCLUDED THEREIN, INCLUDING THE PRICES AND ACCESS RULES FOR ANY FUNCTIONALITY, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. THE CONTENT INCLUDED ON THE SERVICE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND WE MAKE NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE SUCH CONTENT.
THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE DOWNLOADING OR OTHER ACQUISITION OF ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND WITH YOUR AGREEMENT THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH ACTIVITIES.
Through your use of the Service, you may have the opportunities to engage in commercial transactions with other users and vendors, including (without limitation) students and teachers. You acknowledge that all transactions relating to any class or other merchandise or services offered by any party, including, but not limited to the purchase terms, payment terms, warranties, guarantees, maintenance and delivery terms relating to such transactions, are agreed to solely between the seller or purchaser of such merchandise and services and you. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY TRANSACTIONS EXECUTED THROUGH, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, AND YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SUCH TRANSACTIONS ARE CONDUCTED ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ANY WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLASS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, MATERIALS, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE FROM A THIRD PARTY IS PROVIDED SOLELY BY SUCH THIRD PARTY, AND NOT BY US OR ANY OTHER OF OUR AFFILIATES.
Content available through the Service or presented at any class represents the opinions and judgments of an information provider, user, or other person or entity not connected with us. We do not endorse, nor are we responsible for the accuracy or reliability of, any opinion, advice, or statement made by anyone other than an authorized Welearn spokesperson speaking in his/her official capacity. Please refer to the specific editorial policies posted on various sections of the Service for further information, which policies are incorporated by reference into these Terms of Service.
The Classes offered on Welearn are offered directly by the teachers. Welearn is not responsible or liable for any information on its Service listings or profiles. Welearn is not responsible for any changes made to a class by the teacher.
You understand and agree that temporary interruptions of the Service may occur as normal events. You further understand and agree that we have no control over third party networks you may access in the course of the use of the Service, and therefore, delays and disruption of other network transmissions are completely beyond our control.
You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS IS" and that we assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR ANY OTHER WELEARN PARTY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR OF ANY WEB SITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO FROM THE SERVICE.
FURTHER, NEITHER WE,NOR ANY OTHER WELEARN PARTY, SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CLASS OR OTHER THIRD PARTY GOODS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR FOR ASSISTANCE IN CONDUCTING COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN A STUDENT AND TEACHER.
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Upon a request by us, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and the other Welearn Parties harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, that arise from your violation of these Terms of Service or any of the other Governing Documents, or other negligent or wrongful conduct. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to any of the foregoing matters must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred.
Most communication between Welearn and you will be sent and received electronically. You agree that all electronic communication between Welearn and you shall satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing. Any rights of Welearn not expressly granted herein are reserved.
When your register with us and become a Welearn Member, when you choose to teach or attend a class, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, and payment information.
The Service may permit you to register through certain third-party social networking services, such as Facebook or Google (each, an “Authentication Service”). By registering for or logging into the Service using an Authentication Service, you agree that we may access and use your information on the Authentication Service, including your user name, profile picture, age and date of birth, email address, and friends/contacts list.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users for any reason. Your profile pages and any online classrooms you participate in are typically publicly available, although you have the ability to change the settings to limit access to these areas. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information via these or any other public venues. For example, if you choose to sign up for a free Welearn account, you may have a Profile page on the site, containing your Full Name and some basic information including your location and bio. You may also add additional optional information to your Profile. You may control what type of Profile information is shown to other through your Account Settings. Any information you choose to provide as part of your profile should reflect how much you want other Welearn users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
You must be at least 13 years old to register to use the Service. Accordingly, we do not collect any personal information from children.
Third Party Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Service. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements on the Service and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, third-party advertisers may also place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser, or use other technologies such as Java scripts or web beacons.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at [email protected] or at 15127 NE 24th St, #106, Redmond, WA 98052.
Q: How does Welearn work?
A: Welearn is an online platform for learning. Anyone with expertise can teach a course, and anyone needing to learn something new can take courses. We offer thousands of curated videos on a wide variety of topics.
Q: What does Premium Membership include?
A: Premium membership gives you full access to all courses on the site.
Q: How does the free trial work?
A: The free trial gives you free access to view all courses on the site. If you decide to keep the account, you will be charged the monthly subscription rate displayed at check-out after the trial has completed. You can cancel anytime in your user management settings, or by emailing [email protected].
Q: How do I cancel my premium membership?
A: You can cancel or pause anytime in your user settings or by contacting [email protected]. If you cancel, we'll set your plan to expire at the end of your current billing period.
Q: How do I become an instructor?
A: Anyone with expertise can post a course on Welearn. Learn more about this in our Instructor FAQ.
Q: How do I communicate with the instructor or other students?
A: You can view and post messages on the discussion tab of the course page.
Q: How can I contact Welearn?
A: You are welcome to contact us at [email protected] anytime.
Q: How do I get started creating a course?
A: It is easy to get started, just go to the Create Course. A Welearn course must have at least 4 lectures and a total of 20 minutes content. Here are some recommendations to create a compelling course that will engage students.
- Lecture Length: 5-10 minute lectures help students progress through the course.
- Video: HD video (720p minimum) with clear lighting, composition, and a steady camera exported in 16:9 format. These settings will ensure that your lectures are optimized for mobile devices.
- Lighting: Bright and balanced, with minimal shadows.
- Framing: Use a clean, uniform, and less distracting backdrop. The background should contrast with the subject so that the speaker stands out.
- File size: Maximum file size is 1GB. Mp4 is the preferred filetype, although we accept most popular video format types.
- Mobile Friendly: Mobile viewers have a smaller screen, make sure text and other content is large enough to see on various devices.
- Engagement: Use direct eye contact. Speak as if you were talking with close friends.
Course Landing Page
The first things a potential student typically sees are your preview image, preview video, and course title. Try to make these as compelling as possible, to increase user interest in your courses. This information is all entered in the Create Course page. The "What will I learn" bullet points will also be clearly visible to potential students.
Try to write succinctly, and make it simple for a potential student to understand the benefits they can get from the course, and how it could help change their life in a positive way.
It is better to write in a friendly, concise language, and not to try and be too salesy or hard-selling. The benefits and qualities of your course should be able to speak for themselves and convince people to try the course. Write for humans, not for search engines. Proof-read everything before publishing for a professional look.
Students like to know something about who you are and your experience. Share anything that reflects your credibility and authority on the subject matter. Don't be afraid to share your personality, interests, and passion about your areas of interest. You can also link to your social profiles here. Make sure to include a high quality image of yourself as well, as this also helps the course appear more professional and increases student engagement.
Q: How do I earn money on Welearn?
A: Welearn offer several flexible options for pricing your courses. In order to grow your following, it is recommended to offer some courses free or as part of the Welearn subscription plan. For subscription courses, you earn a portion of the overall subscription revenue royalty pool for the month, based on the amount of user engagement with your courses. For more details, see the Terms & Conditions.
For courses with set prices, the revenue share depends on how the customer arrives at the site to make the purchase. If the customer uses an instructor coupon, then 90% goes to the instructor. If the purchase came from organic traffic, then 50% of revenue goes to the instructor. If the purchase came from a paid user acquisition channel, then 25% of revenue goes to the instructor.
Q: When and how do I receive payments?
A: We send payments 30 days after the end of the month. Payments are made to instructors via PayPal at this time.
Q: How can I market my courses?
A: Instructors typically market their courses to friends and social media followers. Your revenue increases as the minutes watched of your courses increases, so the more people you can bring to your courses the higher your chance to earn. Getting the word out about your course is also a great way to get feedback, and continue to grow as an instructor.
How does Welearn market my courses?
A: With millions of users all over the world, we actively match your courses with the students most likely to be interested in them. We also at time choose exceptional courses and create paid marketing campaigns for them.
Q: How do I edit my pay-out settings?
A: You can edit your PayPal account information anytime in your user management settings
Q: How do I edit my pay-out settings?
A: We maintain a special priority support team for instructors, you can reach them at [email protected].
Q: What if I need help uploading 5 or more courses?
A: For instructors or organizations with 5 or more courses, we offer a concierge service to help you get started quickly. If you like, our team can upload your courses to the site and help with your landing pages. Contact us at [email protected] to get started.